Are your allergy and asthma symptoms worse when you’re in your own home? Your house should be a place where you can relax and feel comfortable, not suffer! To reduce your symptoms - and to prevent illnesses - install an air purifier or air filtration system in your home in the Yakima and Ellensburg, WA areas. Call ThermAll Heating & Cooling, Inc. for installations and repairs. In business since 1988, we guarantee satisfaction!
Don’t guess at the cleanliness of the air in your home. Call us to schedule indoor air quality checks!
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner in Your Home
Installing an air cleaner in your home can have many benefits for your entire household. Some of the advantages can include:
- Reduced allergens in your home, which can result in fewer allergy symptoms for your household.
- Improved overall air quality, which will help those with asthma.
- Lower humidity levels in the house.
- Overall cleaner smell in your home as these systems can remove unwanted odors.
- Reduced levels of cigarette smoke if someone in the household smokes.
- Less airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and the flu.
When you install the REME Halo Air Scrubber, you can reduce indoor pollutants. Its unique technology replicates the natural process of hydrogen-peroxide molecules cleaning the air in the outdoors.
Different Types of Filters Used in Air Cleaners
There are a variety of filters you can use with your air cleaner. Some options can include:
- Ionic: This type generates negative ions that capture positive ions - including dust and allergen particles. These can be one of the most cost-effective filters. These are also recommended if you have cigarette smokers in the household.
- HEPA: This was originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air. It’s now used to reduce contaminants from the air in your home, such as mold, dust-mite debris, pet dander, bacteria, and pollen.
- Ultraviolet: This type destroys microorganisms. Therefore, it is best at preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: This is the most absorbent filter. It reduces odors and fumes without releasing any of the contaminants back into the air.
Do you want to better control your indoor climate and save on your utility bill? Contact us to learn about our thermostat services.
How To Properly Maintain Your Air Cleaner
There are certain tasks you should perform regularly on your air cleaner to keep it maintained and running correctly. Some tasks can include:
- Vacuum it regularly to remove dust and other debris.
- Change HEPA-style filters at least every 3-6 months.
- Have your system inspected by a professional at least once a year to look for issues and perform a tune-up.
- Change the bulbs as needed in UV filters.