Is there a musty smell coming from your air conditioning unit? Do you suspect you have frozen coils? You may need evaporator coil cleaning, repair, or replacement services. Call ThermAll Heating & Cooling, Inc. for appointments in the Yakima and Ellensburg, WA areas. In business since 1988, our expert technicians guarantee satisfaction with every job.
Is your air conditioner failing to cool your house to the desired temperature? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning repair services.
Benefits of Timely Evaporator Coil Services
It’s important to schedule evaporator coil services as soon as you notice a problem with your unit. Some of the advantages of having the unit repaired quickly can include:
- Money savings: Detecting an issue with your component early can allow you to possibly repair the component instead of replacing it, or catch the problem while the part is still covered under warranty. If the component needs a major repair, you should ask the technician if it is more cost-effective to replace the part rather than repair it.
- Increased comfort: Getting your unit repaired in a timely manner can help you avoid interruptions in the usage of your air conditioning system.
- Energy reduction: Having the unit repaired ASAP can allow you to save energy. When the coil malfunctions the AC system might continue to run, but the unit will use more energy than usual to try to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
Common Problems With Evaporator Coils
It can be difficult to identify issues with your evaporator coil. Because it isn’t visible from the outside of your unit, you are unlikely to see an issue as soon as it occurs. Instead, it’s important to watch for these common problems you might experience to schedule professional repairs:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you have a leak you should have it inspected by a professional. The expert can determine if there is an issue and how much coolant should be added to the system.
- Unpleasant odors: If you notice a foul smell in your home it can be due to bacteria and mold building up on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component.
- Frozen coils: If water remains on coils for too long it can freeze, as the components are typically around 32° F. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause problems for the AC unit.
Is your AC system more than 15+ years old? You might need an air conditioner replacement. Schedule your service with one of our experts today!
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Evaporator Coils
There are maintenance tasks you can perform on your evaporator coil to prevent it from malfunctioning. Some tasks to perform regularly can include:
- Make sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes into contact with the component.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year, preferably before the summer months.
- Check the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Have the component inspected during your annual AC tune-up to check for any potential problems.
- Clean or change the air filters regularly, ideally at least every one to three months. Dirty or clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of the unit, increase the operating cost, and lessen the indoor air quality.
- Check for blocked filters, as these can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.