When the summer heat hits, you want to ensure you are cool and comfortable in your home with a functioning air conditioner. If your aging unit is starting to show signs of wear and tear, it’s time to replace it. Call ThermAll Heating & Cooling, Inc. for AC installations and replacements in the Yakima and Ellensburg, WA areas. In business since 1988, we are dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
Does your air conditioner need a tune-up before summer arrives? Call us for air conditioning repairs.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner
Don’t wait until your air conditioner totally malfunctions before replacing it. This can leave you to endure a hot house while you wait for the new one to be installed. Instead, be proactive and replace your system when you notice these signs:
- Your air conditioner is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Your energy bills are increasing, indicating a loss of efficiency.
- Your home or building is not cooling to the desired temperature.
- You need multiple repairs on your unit.
- You need a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your AC system leaks.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with the motor.
- There’s cold air being produced by the air conditioner, but it’s not blowing out as it should be.
If you experience these issues with your unit, call our experts at ThermAll Heating & Cooling, Inc. We install several types of AC systems, including those from Daikin and Goodman.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
While installing a new air conditioner might not have been on your to-do list this summer, there are numerous benefits a new system can provide. These can include:
- Increased energy efficiency: The newer system will use less energy to operate.
- Maximum indoor climate control: New units will be able to keep up with the demands, allowing your home or building to cool to its desired temperature.
- Improved indoor air quality: New units will have filters that can properly remove particles and debris from the air, resulting in better air quality.
- Longer shelf life: More modern AC units will last longer than older models.
- New technology and features: In addition to more energy-efficient capabilities, newer air conditioners also come with the latest technology and features to give you better climate control.
Is your air handler malfunctioning? Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
How To Save Money on Your Home Cooling Costs
Your air conditioner can keep you cool and comfortable all summer, but it can also cause your utility bills to increase. To reduce your costs, try using the following tips:
- Make sure your home or building is properly insulated.
- Replace the air filters regularly, at least every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioner to have it inspected and tuned up by a professional.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees so you’re still comfortable but using less energy.
- Replace your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Close your drapes on sunny days to keep some heat out of your home.