Issues with your ductwork can prevent your heating and cooling systems from performing correctly. ThermAll Heating & Cooling, Inc. can help. We can inspect and clean your duct system to ensure the air you breathe is healthy, and that the ductwork is the right size for your property and your system. Replacing your ductwork can drastically improve your comfort levels and the performance of your heating and cooling system. If there is a leak in your ducts, we will use an outstanding duct sealing product to prevent air loss and improve your comfort - which can help lower your utility bills. Call us to schedule an appointment in the Yakima and Ellensburg, WA areas. We are dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
Is your furnace not sufficiently heating your home? Contact us to schedule furnace repairs.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need To Be Replaced
Without working air ducts, the warm and cool air produced by your HVAC systems cannot be properly transferred throughout your property. So when your ductwork shows signs of wear and tear, it’s important to replace it before the issues get worse. Some signs that can indicate you need to replace your ductwork can include:
- If your ducts are aging. This is especially important if your property is more than 50 years old. Aging ducts can be more prone to leaks.
- If you notice cracks in the ducts. These can lead to wasted energy, which can cause your utility bills to increase.
- If there’s an excess of humidity in the air. This can lead to mold growth and affect indoor air quality.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Ducts Need Professional Repairs
To keep your house comfortable and your utility bills under control, it’s important to schedule professional services at the first sign that your ducts need repairs. Some symptoms to watch for include:
- Your property is stuffy and humid.
- Your energy bills are increasing. This can indicate a leak in the air ducts, as damaged ducts can lose up to 30 percent of the air flowing through them.
- Your house has hot and cold spots. This can signal an issue that should be inspected by a professional.
Do you suspect you have an AC refrigerant leak? Call us to have a professional inspect it.
How Aerosol Duct Sealing Works
When professionals detect a leak in your ductwork, they will often seal the leaks with tape and glue to remedy the issue. While this might work for a while, eventually the air can break through the glue and tape, and it will need to be repaired again. For a more permanent solution, experts can use aerosol to seal the leaks. During aerosol duct sealing, technicians seal off the vents for a while with a foam. This will force the air through the leaks in the ducts so they can detect where the leaks are. A sealant is injected and the circulating air will carry the liquid into the cracks. It adheres to the cracks and becomes a solid substance.